Rishikesh Yoga - Yoga Schools in Rishikesh - Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
Meaning of Yoga
Most of the people thought that Yoga is all about twisting our body in different ways, But it is much more different than what they think about Yoga. In easy words Yoga is all about taking care of our mind, body and breath. It means that Yoga is all about meditation, pranayamas (breathing styles) and Yoga asanas (postures). So when mind, breath and body come in synchronization that is called Yoga.
Yoga is also known as physical, mental and spiritual practices to get peace. Hindu spiritual monks such as Swami Vivekananda introduced Yoga to the western countries in 1980. Later Yoga was used as type of physical exercises which is also known as Hath Yoga. Some people believe that it is also effective to heart, cancer, schizophrenia and asthma patients. Some survey says Yoga practices for long period can improve muscular–skeletal and mental health improvements.
History of Yoga
Yoga was first described in Katha Upanishad (Hindu Scripture 400 BCE). In that book Yoga was mentioned as a steady control on senses. In ancient India Yoga was famous as practice to get everlasting state of peace in mind. It is also mentioned as blending with divine. In several ancient symbols in Indus valley civilization Yoga postures are used. Yoga was also mentioned in Indian text like Upanishads, Bhagvad Gita and Mokshdharma around 500 -200 BCE. Patanjali is known as compiler of Yoga philosophy in proper way. In Mahabharat Yoga is described in 03 different ways "Bhakti Yoga", " Karma Yoga", "Gyan Yoga"
Yoga in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is beautiful town in the footsteps of shivalik range of Himalayas. In Rishikesh river Ganga enters in plain area leaving the mountains. Rishikesh is well known as "the world capital of Yoga". Rishikesh is full of diffrent kind of Yoga ashrams and Yoga centres where everyday Yoga classes are organized for the tourist and local people. Yoga in Rishikesh attracts thousands of people from all over the world every year. People believe that Yoga and meditation in Rishikesh brings ourselves close to the moksha (ultimate salvation) and it gives similar results as you will get when you take a dip in the holy water of river Ganga which flows throughout the city.
Rishikesh is also famous for rafting and camping and adventure. Mostly rafting starts in the month of March and ends in September. Rishikesh has so many famous ashrams such as Kailash Ashram which is 120 years old. This ashram is devoted to save and encourage the vedic studies in traditional way. Swami Rama Tirtha, Swami Sivananda and Swami Vivekananda are the few of the famous personalities which studied here.
Rishikesh was come in limelight in the world map when The Beatles visited ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the february month of 1968. Ashram is now closed due to some uncertain reasons. "The Happy Rishikesh" song by John Lennon was recorded here. Around 48 songs (mostly appear on the white album) were composed by The beatles during thier stay at the ashram. Other famous artists were Mike Love and Donovan, who came to Rishikesh for Yoga, meditation and contemplate.
Benefits of Yoga
Most of the people don't pay attention to their mind and body. Most of the people believe that Yoga benefits are only limited to body level but Yoga is much more than this. Yoga can give you perfect synchronization of mind, breath and body and when these all are in perfect synchronization your life will become peaceful and happier. Yoga can also improve your immunity, relations, energy level and health of your body and mind.
By Yoga you can get following benefits
Good fitness by Yoga : Yoga helps you to get good fitness not only physically but also mental and emotional fitness thro ugh different asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation.
Losing weight through yoga : Surya Namaskar (Sun salutation), Breathing techniques (Pranayamas) and Kapal Bhati are one of the best ways to lose weight.
Inner peace in stressful life by Yoga : After a few minutes of Yoga in a day you can get peaceful mind. Asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques) and meditation are very helpful in this.
A. Standing asanas of Yoga
1. Konasana Yoga: For spine, arms, legs, back pain and abdominal.
2. Katichakrasana Yoga: For neck, shoulders, muscles of arms and legs.
3. Hastapadasana Yoga: For back muscles, spine and blood supply.
4. Ardha Chakrasana Yoga: For front upper torso.
5. Trikonasana Yoga: For stress, digestion, ankle and knees.
6. Virabhadrasana Yoga: For stamina and shoulders.
7. Parsarita Padotanasana Yoga: For legs and spine.
8. Vrikshasana Yoga: For hips, chest and thigh.
9. Utkatasana Yoga: For ankle, leg, knee and spine.
B. Sitting asanas of Yoga
1. Janu Shirasasana Yoga: Lower back and shoulders.
2. Paschimottanasana Yoga: For tones the abdominal and pelvic organs.
3. Poorvottanasana Yoga: For wrist, intestines, respiratory.
4. Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga: For spine and lungs.
5. Badhakonasana Yoga: For menstrual discomfort, menopause symptoms and pregnancy.
6. Marjariasana Yoga: For blood circulation and spine.
7. Shishu Asana Yoga: For nervous system.
8. Chakki Chalanasana Yoga: For back muscles.
C. Lying on stomach asanas of Yoga
1. Dhanurasana Yoga: For stomach and knees.
2. Bhujangasana Yoga: For shoulders and neck.
3. Viparita Shalabhasana Yoga: For chest, shoulders and arms.
4. Shalabasana Yoga: For back pain.
D. Lying on stomach asanas of Yoga
1. Naukasana Yoga: For the back and abdominal muscles.
2. Setubandhasana Yoga: For back muscles.
3. Matsyasana Yoga: For chest and neck.
4. Pavanamuktasana Yoga: For digestion and abdominal muscles.
5. Sarvangasana Yoga: For the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
6. Halasana Yoga: For Legs and nervous system.
7. Chakrasana Yoga: For the spine, relaxation and quadriceps.
8. Vishnu asana Yoga: For stretches the pelvic joints.
9. Shavasana Yoga: For rest and stress release.
Yoga Ashrams in Rishikesh
There are so many ashrams in Rishikesh which provide Yoga classes. Most of the ashrams have Yoga classes in early morning and again in evening. Some ashrams do not have Yoga classes in weekend.
Yoga Classes and Centers in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is full of places where you can get Yoga classes everyday. Even some freelance Yoga teachers can come to your hotel for Yoga classes.
Yoga School and Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
Anant Yoga School Rishikesh offering rishikesh yoga teacher training. Our sessions are specially developed for the yoga enthusiasts so that they can learn this olden science. And another advantage of getting enrolled in the sessions of yoga teacher training in Rishikesh is that it helps a lot in transforming the yoga fan into a skilled yoga teacher. These sessions help in infusing the true spirit of the guru in the enthusiast. This eventually results in transforming an individual into a better human being.
Dr. Yogi Vijay Rayal, founder of the Maunvan Yoga Ashram has a simple plan with grandious intentions; To make available to every seeker of the spiritual path have a sacred place that offers yoga, Ayurveda and naturopathy modalities. Located in the lush green peaceful valley of Manikut mountains about 16 kms from Laxman Jhula towards the Neel Kanth temple. Maun Van Yoga Village is a home to about 200 trees, myriad variety of flowers and herbs. In Maun Van, there is an atmosphere of sensitivity and gratitude for natural environment to nurture